5 Ways to Pamper Your Pooch
August 10th marked Spoil Your Dog Day but, as the pet-spoiling professionals, we’re extending it to the whole month of August. (Yeah, we can do that.) Obviously by owning a pet you appreciate their company and unconditional love, but there are certainly varying ways of showing such. This month, leave no doubt in your animal’s mind that they’re an adored, appreciated, and unwavering part of your life by showing them a little extra love. Here are a few of our favorite ways to say thanks for all the smiles and companionship.
- A little mealtime indulgence. Go ahead, throw a few treats or a raw egg into their food a few times this week. Maybe even take this time to consider the permanent switch to a higher quality diet for an ongoing ‘thank you’.
- Go on, walk a little longer. Add an extra 5 or 10 minutes to their routine walk or make a special trip to the pooch park for some off leash romping.
- Make ‘em pretty. Remember that proper grooming isn’t just about looks, it’s actually healthy for them. Treat them to a grooming session if it doesn’t totally stress them out; or just take the opportunity to make sure their hair is brushed and free of mats, nails are trim, ears are clean and light in color, and eyes aren’t gunky or cloudy.
- Spruce up their I.D. Nothing says you love your pal like properly claiming them as yours; make sure their collar fits, tags are secure, and microchip service is up to date and paid for. Heck, maybe even spring for a new collar to show off their summer style.
- Plan a trip. For the ultimate doting dog owner, consider planning a fun trip to the beach or a daytime hike if it’s something your pet would enjoy. Make sure to bring plenty of water for both of you and keep their leash handy, just in case.
- Bonus Spoiler: Good Ol’ Fashioned Quality time. You are your pet’s whole world, so spending time with you is a treat in itself. Sit on the floor and really give your pet some love… maybe even let them sleep in bed with you if they don’t already (but we’re willing to bed they do.)